31090051

I run a Scout Group in a Perthsire Village,the local Church

Customer Question

I run a Scout Group in a Perthsire Village,the local Church Of Scotland is putting its hall up for sale ( I think they should donate it the the children of the village,I know not on) The point is, I am told that the hall was given to the Church in the sixties as a present. I was wondering the best place to find out this information, when they were given it,by whom etc. Thank You David X

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You would have to look at the title deeds for this information. The title deeds will be held by the legal department of the Church of Scotland. If they won't lend them out or let you have copies you can get copies from the Registers of Scotland although the type of title is such that you would be best to employ a firm of professional searchers to get you the copies. A firm like Millar & Bryce would be able to do this. The reason I am suggesting this is that looking for non Land Registered titles can be quite difficult.
Happy to discuss further. You can contact the church legal section at***@******.***
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.