12826847

, when in the lease it says: No bird dog or other animal

Hi, when in the lease it says: No bird dog or other animal which may cause annoyance to any owner lessee or occupier of the other parts of the Property shall be kept in the Demised premises does that mean that it doesn't include animals (dogs) that might be visiting, say during the weekend.
We both have a 50% share in the freehold, so both own the freehold as well as the leases (there is no longer any third party in place to enforce the lease).
thank you for your advice.
Kind regards,
Eva

When looking at clauses in leases, you have to interpret them literally and here, it is the word "kept" which is relevant.

Someone who visits for a few days with a dog is not keeping the dog there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jo, thank you for your answer, just to clarify - a neighbour that doesn't like dogs has made a few comments about them visiting and that lease states something about no dogs. The dogs visit at weekends but not every weekend. Just wanted to make sure that we are within our legal rights to have the two little dogs there from time to time.
Eva