Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have just booked airline tickets over the phone and given

I have just booked airline tickets over the phone and given my card details . I have been contacted to tell me there is an extra £100 per head surcharge or different flights on different days and airlines. I have said to cancel the booking as it is not what I agreed .They say they are offering an alternative but it is not what I booked and so don't want it. Am I right or can they give me what they want . Thank you Steve Smedley
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Was the surcharge mentioned in their terms and conditions?
This is a matter of contract law - they cannot unilaterally change the fundamental terms of your agreement without your consent - so you are entitled to a refund unless they notified you of their right to change the terms of travel in their terms and conditions prior to you booking. The fact that you are a consumer means that they physically have to highlight to you any terms that may be onerous (i.e any hidden charges).
If you have any complaints about their conduct you should just complain to Trading Standards www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ