tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

Re Serving Detailed particulars of Claim. I submitted an online

Re Serving Detailed particulars of Claim. I submitted an online claim using MCOL on 27/12/14 and ticked the box indicating I will file detailed particulars of claim within 14 days after service of claim form.
Notice of issue form CCBC states that the claim was sent via post on 29/12/14 and it will be deemed served on 3rd of Jan 2015.
Is it correct to say that I need to file full particulars of Claim 14 days from 03/01/2015 and not 14 days from the date it was filed on line?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
tdlawyer : hello, thank you for your question.
tdlawyer : My name is ***** ***** I can answer this for you.
tdlawyer : You have 14 days in which to serve and file the particulars of claim from the date that the claim form was deemed to have been served.
tdlawyer : So it is not the online issue date that is important to you.
tdlawyer : So there are two important things to remember here. The first is the date by which you must serve the particulars of claim.The second is the fact that you should both serve them (upon the defendant) and send them to the court.
Customer: Thank you excellent
tdlawyer : Thank you. Please do remember to press the rating button to rate the answer please.