13262538

if you are getting $1250094 do you have to pay tax before you

Customer Question

if you are getting $1250094 do you have to pay tax before you get the money or can the tax be taken out of the money before you get the money

Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Could you please explain your situation a little more?
JACUSTOMER-dnu6zd36- :

my wife is in lagos nigeria but she is american ,both her parents died when she was very young she lives in america with her granny she has gone over to lagos to work ,and i have bean talking on the internet long time and she tolled me she is comming to some money from her parents that is $8000000 but we have been tolled we have to pay the TAXof £25000 before we get the money ,Can they take the TAX out first and then give us the rest or can we get the money then pay the TAX yours d perks

Alex Watts : Are you based in the uk?
Alex Watts : how are you being asked to pay the 25k, is it by Western Union or moneygram ?
JACUSTOMER-dnu6zd36- :

he just said i will have to pay £25000 to him in lagos nigeria and he will deal with it all but my wife is over there and she said she will go with him to the bank , he did not say how to send the money ,i live in the uk ,can the tax be took out of the money before we get it ,he said i could not do that he said the bank will not allow it they wont the $25000 tax then i will get the money ok

Alex Watts : How has he asked a.
JACUSTOMER-dnu6zd36- :

he has not asked yet ,but he did say i can send it to him and he will take it to the bank and that is all he said.

Alex Watts : On what basis is the money coming from parents?
JACUSTOMER-dnu6zd36- :

he has just tolled me he said when my wife is up to the age and got married she would get the money all the money .but before we get the money we will have to pay the TAX first of £25000 and he said if we dont pay we will not get the money can you pay the TAX out of the money before you get the rest of the money ,yes /no

Alex Watts : UK tax?
JACUSTOMER-dnu6zd36- :

pay the tax on the money i do not know if it is uk tax ore what

Alex Watts :

I think this is too complex given the different jurisdiction issues.

Alex Watts :

I will opt out and let someone else take over.

Thank you question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
May I ask an odd question.
have you physically met your wife in person - face to face and not on Skype?
Why did her late parents have funds in Nigeria?