13262538

What rights as a father do I have to have contact with my son.

What rights as a father do I have to have contact with my son. I was divorced 4 years ago, I always pay my CSA payments, yet my ex wife only allows me to see my son when she is present. My family have not been allowed contact with Daniel since our divorce.
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first
How old is your son, how often have you seen him and what is your ex's objection to your family?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My son Daniel is 10 years old. I get to see him roughly twice or at most 3 times a year for a few hours, always in the presence of my ex wife. Her objections to my family seeing Daniel is purely spiteful. During our divorce she tried to claim half of my house (which is also in my mother's name) When my mother found out about this she wrote a letter to my ex wife's parents telling them about it. My ex has never forgiven her for this (and never will).

My ex uses our son as a way of punishing both me and my family. She expected to get a large financial settlement during the divorce, this didn't happen, the judge just stated that I had to continue paying my CSA payments, something I have always done. My ex even ended up having to pay her own legal fees.

The woman is a liar and extremely devious. She only cares about herself, not what Daniel wants.During a brief moment alone with him on my last visit he told me he is counting the years until we can be together again.

I would love to be able to take Daniel on family holidays with me and especially like for him to have contact with my side of his family again.

My ex will never allow this out of pure spite, so I would like to know where I stand legally.

Kind regards,

***** *****on.

The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
The current contact arrangements are not sufficient and would not be seen as adequate by the courts
You should discuss this using Family Mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co,.uk
If that fails then you will need to make an application to the Court for a Child Arrangement Order
More details here
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/cb007-eng.pdf
There is no reason why your contact should not include your family members
Please ask if you need further details