13262538

My ex wife has been in a relationship 6 years, they

My ex wife has been in a relationship for over 6 years, they have separate houses but spend most nights together, he has contributed £200k towards the purchase of her house. At our settlement it was agreed I pay to maintain her as she does not work and has no skills, since then she has gained skills and has a full time job. Is there a strong case for me to have the maintenance allowance adjusted ?
How much do you earn and how much is the spouse maintenance?
Are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

I earn £175k plus bonus circa £75k

Maintenance is £2,100 per month

No children involved (two working 25,24) and one at uni (20) where I pay her accommodation

How much does your ex earn?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
£1,500 per monto, she is mortgage free as she had the lions share of our assets ... Value of her house circa £600k
For clarity - at the time of the divorce there was no expectation that your ex would be able to get a job?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

she stated she was not capable due to lack of skills and experience, since then she went to college to do beauty and has worked full time now for over two years.

Then yes you have an excellent chance of applying for a downward variation - or even a dismissal of her claims.
Spouse maintenance is needs based - and clearly she no longer needs you to support her.
If you wish to dismiss the maintenance entirely you may need to make a further capital payment - although there is no guarantee that this will be ordered
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that's great , can I just ask is there a risk the court may award her more money ? And what should be my next steps ?

Technically she could seek an upward variation - but there are no grounds on which she could justify it.
Your first step is to try and discuss the matter with your ex using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
to see if an agreement can be reached, if that fails then you will need to make an application to the court