75100385

I worked as sub-contractor building company and

I worked as sub-contractor for large building company and they were underpaying me for few months. I have challenged all letter they sent to me about underpayments and did not received an clear answer. I booked a meeting with them and they could not explain any of deductions but came with story that something was done wrong by me( but it is not stating in any of pay-less notices sent to me). Please advise

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know how much is owing?

Customer:

theu owe me over 2000

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Customer:

but cna they

Alex Watts :

Can they?

Customer:

*but can they charge me for something what was done in past and just write off all the money they owe me or they need to explain to me why it was underpaid first and after that claim money if something was done wrong?

Alex Watts :

No, they can't do that especially if was never raised before

Customer:

but they said on the meeting that it was noticed just now. and I do not have signed hand it off document

Alex Watts :

Yes I understand, but they cant just raise it now, it should have been raised beforehand

Customer:

was agreed verbally some works and supplies and after they said their company not paying for supplies, can i add up this as well on my losses?

Customer:

some work agreed verbally was done by me but paid to others

Customer:

Can i add all this for losses list ? do I need to collect first any evidence

Customer:

?

Alex Watts :

You can sue for all your losses and non payment

Alex Watts :

You just need to issue and then gather evidence

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

I understand that I can sue them

Customer:

but what will happen if I send them and I do not have any evidence because everything was agreed verbally

Customer:

manager who agreed it already saying different thing

Customer:

this why I need to know if there are no evidence they can sue me after?

Alex Watts :

The Court simply decides is it more likely than not your version of events is correct.

Alex Watts :

Can they issue a claim against you, yes - you can't stop someone from doing that I am sorry to say

Alex Watts :

Does that help?