29905560

I was dismissed from work today due to too many absences. I

Customer Question

I was dismissed from work today due to too many absences. I started to work for company last Spring from agency, got a contract in November. I've had diagnosed with depression in 2009. Today I returned to work after longer illness (it takes time to find the right treatment when bad episode strikes and sometimes it takes longer than other). I was off for 2 weeks last February and now since 12th of December. I don't want to go into details of all change of medication and different doctor appointments, but the main issue is, they terminated my contract on my first day back to work.
I was called into office after working 3 hours and brought up the news, after which escorted out of premises. I always thought it was situation that might only happen in case of gross misconduct, but so far I had no warnings or problems with rates at work (I'm a warehouse operative).
I'm still in recovery process, and being unemployed doesn't help at all, but I'd think that in this case I'd still be entitled to at least 1 weeks notice or last written warning.
Thank you for the help.
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When exactly did you start working for them permanently?