75100385

I am a partner in a small educational consultancy. I was invited

I am a partner in a small educational consultancy. I was invited to join last year but it has become clear that there was some deliberate 'mis-selling' of how the business operates (there is a third person who is not a director but is a partner and it is all very complicated...).
I am seeking to withdraw from the arrangement on ethical grounds. However, during my time with the business I have authored some materials that have proved to be commercially popular.
My assumption is that they are owned by the business and that I will have no further claim on them. Is that correct?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Do you have any form of Directors agreement or anything please?

Customer:

I haven't got a copy I can access today but it is an agreement that meant I had 10% shares and no access to dividends.

Alex Watts : Ok. Anything about how to get out or if you retained the IP of anything you brought to the business
Customer:

I'll check later but I don't remember seeing anything.

Alex Watts :

Please, as its quite important

Customer:

(Sorry, I was teaching a course and had to wait till I was back at my office.)OK, I checked and all I seem to have

Customer:

...is a share certificate that entitles me to 10 Class A ordinary shares at £1 per share.

Alex Watts : was he then changed as shareholder after?
Alex Watts : How much is owing?
Customer:

It seems odd to me that I wouldn't have a copy if I signed one.

Alex Watts : Ok, that is fine.
Alex Watts : If there is no agreement to the contrary I am sorry to say that the Ip would be in benefit of the company
Alex Watts : This is because to all intents and purposes you were generally working towards the benefit of the company
Alex Watts : THerefore unless you have any agreement that says otherwise IP is vested in the company
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I wsnt to give you, but I have a duty to be honest
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

No, that's fine - it's pretty much what I expected. I just wanted clarification. Thank you for your time.