Regarding Going to British EmbassyDear Alex, After

Customer Question

Regarding Going to British Embassy

Dear Alex,

After I made a crime report against Beverley and Barbara, the report was sent to the local police station and I started communicating with an officer called Patrick by phone and emails.

They refused to arrest Beverley and Barbara and start the investigation (But one of Beverley’s friends from the police station had called Beverley and informed her that I have made the crime report and told her that I don’t have a case against her. Beverley sent me an email and told me that)

Patrick the officer told me that I am making a false allegation against them and in fact Beverley has made an allegation against me and he would like to arrest me for fraud!!!!

My questions are:

1. Can I go to a British Embassy out of the UK to sign the crime report and also answer the questions that the police have regarding the allegations that Beverley has made against me?

2. Am I entitled to have a solicitor since the police officer is saying I have an allegation of fraud against me by Beverley?

3. Is it possible that they arrest me in the British Embassy or take my British Passport off me and not give it back to me?

4. Could they get Interpol involved in this mater?

5. What are other possible actions they could make against me?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I am really sorry but they were always going to do that I am afraid. I have read your other question and this was always a risk.
On your points above
1 No. This will have to be dealt with at a police station. They can agree to your voluntary attendance at a time of mutual convenience but they will want to take prints and DNA which can only be done at a station.
2 Yes, if you are being interviewed under PACE then you can and should have a solicitor.
3 Yes.
4 No but they could get an international or European arrest warrant.
5 I'm not sure what you mean by this? Obviously it depends on the facts of the case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Jo

Many thanks for your reply

I made the following crime report to the police:

I was wrongly arrested on allegation of common assault (I had led Beverley out of my room several days before) on the day I was arrested Beverley had punched me but she did not get arrested. I was kept at the police station over the night according to Beverley that was the intention to do so. One of the officers was very impolite on that evening.

Next day I reported 2 stolen items, one LED TV and one Apple laptop which Beverley had bought it from the back of a white van for £200. The products had been stolen from the comet warehouse.

When Beverley had been taken to the station with the TV, I locked all the doors and was planning to report her credit card fraud (£200,000 to £300,000) to the police. I was very scared to do so as they had already threatened me to keep my mouth shut. So I also considered that maybe it is a better solution to encourage them again to get a solicitor to solve the problem and also confirm that I am not involved in this fraud.

Next day Barbara came to the house to talk to me before she entered the house the video cam and my mobile voice recorder was switched on.

Soon after that I realised that there are people waiting outside waiting for her command.

She said she is going to the kitchen to make a tea but after she put the kettle on she opened the back door and started shouting for Beverley. I panicked and called the police. And she started shouting “he is trying to rape me” I was so scared to make the smallest touch to her and she started strangling me and beating me up and threatening me that if I say anything to the police she would put me in a right ….

Then Beverley entered the house. After a bit of conversation and threats from them, Beverly started opening her top and pulling down hear jeans she could not go much further as I run and opened the door asking the neighbours to call the police and I was hoping that people come and see that I am not raping her.

The police attended. I was shocked with police reaction to the matter. The only thing that could explain the police behaviour apart from extreme level of racism and discrimination was police corruption and their involvement in setting up the trap. The police did not arrest any of them and took all the keys from me and gave it to them and at the end they gave me a single key for the front door.

The police shouted and threatened me and acted as Beverley’s private army. Even Beverley told me that she could hear them but she could not come up to stop them as there were officers with her !!!!

Police told me that the owners of the house are going to the court and get me evicted. The reality was that they had told Beverly to go round the block and come back.

There are a lot more to tell ……………

Optional Information: 
System of Law: England-and-Wales

Already Tried: 
I have made a 2 complaints to IPCC. and made a crime report against Barbara And Beverley. The police said that there has been no police attendance logged. (three or more police cars attended the incident)

And one of Beverley’s friends from the police station had informed Beverley regarding the crime report so I got the following email from Beverley.

"I really thought I had heard the last of you, but no, your still trying to cause trouble.

Had a phone call yesterday from one of my Friends at Plumstead Police Station yesterday, asking about you. He wanted to know if you were still living with me and told me why you had phoned, trying to bring something towards me and my sister, I won't tell you what he said about you, but as far as they are concerned, you don't have a case against me not to worry and I said I wasn't as I have nothing to hide. They have everything down on record and if they thought there was anything they would take it further. They thought that I had a case against you, the police officer asked if I wanted to press charges with you pushing me and the bruising I got from a struggle with you, but I said I didn't, maybe, I made a mistake not to. I also explained about the money you stole from me, he then said that I should have reported it, if it does go further then I will. You forget everything I did for you when you came to My country, you were in a bad way, mentally disturbed. I am sorry to say, you still are mentally disturbed and thats nothing to do with me. You were ready to come and live with me, not much rent and using my car, also having sex, using me I would say. You forget about claiming benefit while living here, your not squeaky clean. By the way, how is your mother, is she doing ok in the nursing home? Also, has your father paid anyone else to get your brother from going into service. I don't have anything to hide, you tried to get me arrested for the TV, but back fired against you, it wasn't stolen, you tried hard to get me into trouble. I can't tell you what to do, if you want to come into my country and try and press charges, that's fine, I will do the same. You should get on with your life, I am now, got a nice man who I met at one of the courts I worked in London, he is a Barrister and knows everything about you and would be more than delighted to represent me. Life is too short for you to be so bitter and twisted"

According to Patrick the police officer, Beverley has made an allegation against me and he would like to arrest me for fraud now. I am too scared to go near them now I am suffering from PTSD and anxiety attacks and I don’t know what to do. Please advise me what

action should I take? What is the best way to deal with this mater?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I understand. That was always the risk I am afraid.
Ultimately if you don't hand yourself in they will just come and arrest you. It is best to get it over with at least at a time of your convenience.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. I have left the UK. Can they still arrest me while I am out of the UK just based on someones allegations? without having any evidence? !!!

2. I am communicating with them and i informed them that I am happy to talk to them on the phone or by email. going back to the U.K. will make my condition worse than what it is now.

3. can they cancel my passport if i refuse going back to the UK?

4. is it not possible to go to the British Embassy and deal with the matter?

5. How could I find out that the officer is telling the truth and an alligation has been made against me?

Many Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends what stage the matter has reached.
They cannot usually get extraditions or international arrest warrants just for questioning.
As I said above, the matter cannot be resolved at the British Embassy.
If the officer has told you that an allegation has been made then he is telling the truth. There are lots of problems with the police but they don't usually invent things like that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will the police tell me and give the information of the allegations if I call them?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, not usually.
Usually they will not disclose that information otherwise than in interview because there are restrictions upon conducting interviews over the phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do police normaly notify the people that an allegation has been made again them and how do they notify people if they are not in the UK?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends how they can be contacted.
If they can't be contacted then they usually just arrest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But I am not in the UK. What are my legal obligations if I know that an allegation has been made against me?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends what stage the matter has reached. If you haven't been arrested then you are not on bail so not acting unlawfully by not attending.
What it will mean though is that if you are picked up and charged the fact that you didn't co-operate may be held against you in a bail application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. Can I not instruct a solicitor in the UK to deal with the mater and I provide the supporting documents?

2. I have made a complaint to IPCC and the police has rejected that as it is over one year old. I have made an appeal against their decision which they are not acting on it. what is the next step? they are not even prepared to look at my evidence.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No. This will have to be dealt with at a police station. They can agree to your voluntary attendance at a time of mutual convenience but they will want to take prints and DNA which can only be done at a station
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

The police have my finger prints and DNA already as I have been arrested before which I have mentioned in the statement.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that is not sufficient. They need to be taken on every occasion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Jo,

My mental health does not allow me to go through this. What is the solution in this circumstances?

Many thanks.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I am really sorry and I wish I could give you a different answer but there is no way out of this on that basis.
Ultimately they have made an allegation. That is being investigated.
The options are either you don't hand yourself in and take the risk of being picked up if you do return to the UK and remanded in custody or hand yourself in and resolve the matter.
They are not going to drop this investigation because of your circumstances I am afraid.
I was a police station rep for years before I went to the Bar and half the suspects at most stations had mental health problems and all of them would rather not have been arrested.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Jo,

I have the following response from the police officer by email.

"if you can not return to the UK. then please attend the British Embassy or consulate nearest to you, and I will arrange for someone there to take a statement from you"

Is he giving me incorrect information?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Only if you are being treated as a witness not a suspect.
That might make sense as you have made an allegation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can it also been the officer trick to get me arrested?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that does happen sometimes but not usually abroad.
I suppose they could try to argue that the British embassy is British soil so the international arrest warrants don't apply but I would be surprised if an officer has given it that much though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my undeestanding is that the police is trying to force me to withdraw from my complaint and they are threatening me this way(I believe they planed the allegation of rape with beverley as Beverley is their friend then they could not succeed as I had everything recorded on video) . I don't believe that actually beverley has made an allegation against me.

my question now is that : what can they do if they arrest me in the British Embassy? how could they shift me to the UK? can they legally do that?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It is quite unlikely that they did. She has just done this to throw the attention from her. Women like her do this all the time.
They could try to arrest you on the basis that the Embassy is British soil. It is an arguable point really but by the time you are arguing it you have been arrested.
If this is an allegation of rape then you really do need to co-operate. Non co-operation never works in your favour.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No this is not allegation of rape this time. (the police did not arrest me when she told the police he is trying to rape me as I had everything videoed. The full story is on top of this page)

but patrick the guy who was dealing with my crime report against beverley and barbara told me he would like to arrest me for fraud.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The trouble with this though is that she is obviously a young lady who is fond of making allegations. If you don't deal with it then they will just become worse.
That is all very well but you need to co-operate because it does ultimately become apparent that the problem lies with the accuser not the accused.