12826847

. my son is currently in exeter prison. he is due to be transferred

Customer Question

. my son is currently in exeter prison. he is due to be transferred to dartmoor on friday. my son dosnt want to go there because there are old aqquaintences that will be there. my son was on heroin before he got sent to prison and owes theses people money. he knows that vhis cards were marked and he is very fearful of his safety and so are we as a family. my son got 4 yrs last friday which he has already done 7 mths on remand so therefore has 17 months left to serve. my son cant cope with change he is settled in exeter and has coped best he can. i think that if he is moved its goin to disruopt things drastically he is also a self harmer and this is so worrying aswell. i would be grateful response. many thanks.
.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i want to know if my son can stay in exeter prison and not be transferred to dartmoor because of his safety

He can put in transfer but we both probably know how efficient the prison system is and how realistic that application is to happen quickly. Moving prisoners can be done at the drop of a hat when it suits the prison system but it takes them forever to move at the convenience of anybody else.
There are other alternatives. Prisons have an anti bullying policy and I am realistic about how effective that is but it is there. They will also transfer an offender between wings fairly easily.
If the issue is very severe then they can place him in solitary or with other vulnerable prisoners.
Can I clarify anything ?