12826847

my ex husband went bankrupt. we had a joint tenanted house

Customer Question

my ex husband went bankrupt. we had a joint tenanted house which i have received rent for. his trustees are now trying to get half of the gross rent from me saying that i cannot deduct the mortgage etc. the house is worth 115k with an interest only mortgage of 98k cost of £235, a secured charge of £25k, and there have been additional maintenance, agents fees. i think i need to calculate their beneficial interest in the property and can reduce the rent down by the above - they are saying i cant and are going to take me to court for £8000 50% of ALL rent without any deductions for expenses. I want ton make them an offer for around £2000 based on the above to buy their beneficial interest in the property and then take ownership of all benefits going forward I would like to know how far off I am with my understanding.

it is mainly my mortgage payment, that i have maintained that need to be deducted and i believe this is an allowable expense it is interest only.

thanks

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes you can close the question and refund my money - thanks