12826847

My dog had an operation to fix a cruciate ligament and while

My dog had an operation to fix a cruciate ligament and while he was in aftercare there, his leg became fractured. This has lead to further surgery and infections and our bill will now far exceed the insurance cover. He is still battling to get well
how was it fractured?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They don't know

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It wasn't explained to us because the vet didn't know

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What else do you need to know?

Sorry for the delay. When you keep posting before I have responded it pushes the question to the back of my list.
What did the vet say when you asked ?
How was the accident caused?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There was no explanation to how he fractured the leg, it had been operated on for the repair of the cruciate!

Yes, of course they will do that.
But I presume you did ask? What was their response?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please see previous comments

I am not sure what you mean?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They didn't know how it happened

You will have to prove that on the balance of probabilities (more than 50%) the vets were negligent in looking after the dog and this results negligence, the dogs of the injury. Seems unusual that whilst in the care of dogs like particularly when it’s just had an operation and probably kept in a cage. It remains the dog didn’t have a broken leg when it went in and it sustained one while in their care and therefore I think you should have little difficulty improving negligence.

If they insist on you paying the bill for the full amount and it’s not covered by insurance my suggestion would be to tell them that you’ve been advised that they are responsible for everything and they are responsible for everything resulting from the fracture including the fracture and that unless they agree to waive those costs, you will have no alternative but to pursue them to the extra costs which you have no alternative but to pay.

They should refer this to their insurance company so asked them for their insurance company details.