75100385

Ive just found out after owning my flat 10 years

Ive just found out after owning my flat 10 years that within my lease on the flat i own that my neighbour should have contributed towards damp proofing on our property. Do i have any grounds to ask him to contribute post the event. The damp proofing was completed in Spring 2012.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
,
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am happy to wait a bit longer answer
,
We will continue to look Professional to assist you.
Thank you patience,
my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Unless the lease states otherwise you have 6 years to Make a claim contract issue.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation .
Can I clarify anything about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
***** send through email, only I do t think I have his latest current address?
Kind Regards
Nadia
Nadia
Yes you can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry last question, Is there any time scales of completion if this goes to a small claims court?
6 years from date of breach.
Small claim can take up to 6 months.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience