75100385

I have been charged being simply bullied have a large

Customer Question

I have been charged being simply bullied have a large DLA account
what can i do
Alex Watts :

my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Could you please explain your situation a little more/

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

I am a director of a company in the uk,The managing director.I have a large DLA account being accused of theft

Alex Watts :

DLA?

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

sorry not finished,theft and misappropriation funds.They have been doing the books last five years.

Alex Watts :

ok

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

running the company with me and now are trying to get rid of me and accusing me of all sort of criminal activity as i have insisted to resign if it continued.Which I did and is now coming up with all sort so of allegations.The directors are based in SA.Come down 3 times a year.They do the books with a accountant in the uk.They are also accusing me of collaboration with the opposition which is crazy.The staff will testify to the fact that i have been dissatisfied with the way they have conducted themselves.They have threatened me with hmrc as well the whole damn book.Our accountants have dealt with my tax.

Alex Watts :

Are the Police involved?

Alex Watts :

Or is this an employment law question?

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

No they have not charged me Have sent these allegations today after my resignation.Have informed me that is there intention.I am a 49% shareholder with a 250 000 pound DLA account.

Alex Watts :

What is DLA?

Alex Watts :

Directors loan?

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

yes

Alex Watts :

Ok. So what is your question of me? How to get the £250k?

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

can they lay criminal charges,would the uk police have to first investigate the claims,this is stressful and upsetting why would i do this if i have such a large investment in time and money.This is a bulling tactic as i do not have the funds they have to properly defend myself.Do i now just waite until they actually lay the charges

Alex Watts :

They can't no.

Alex Watts :

The Police are the only ones who can charge you with a criminal offence.

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

What happens if they go to the police would the police then investigate i have given the files to the accountant.Surely i have a right first to tie up these set of accounts with the accountant.They say they are busy completing a company investigation from SA AND WILL THEN LAY CHARGES.This is a cheap way of trying to get rid of me

Alex Watts :

The Police would be duty bound to investigate the matter. You cant stop someone reporting it.

Alex Watts :

If you are all above board then you have nothing to worry about

Alex Watts :

If you have an accountant who assisted you and its all genuine then you dont need to worry

Alex Watts :

But you can't stop them making a complaint.

Alex Watts :

I assume Directors Loan account there will be receipts and an audit trail, so you dont need to be concerned

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

Its about my expenses that every year has been expensed to my directors loan account now suddenly this has changed

Alex Watts :

Ok - but again, there should be an audit trail. So you dont need to worry

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

what do you mean

Alex Watts :

Sorry, I am not with you? Mean about what?

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

you said clarify it today

Alex Watts :

Yes, is there anything I can do to clarify ?

Alex Watts :

Ie is there anything you are not clear or do not understand

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

Do i need to reply to these allegations it was sent by email

Alex Watts :

No. Wait Police. It may just be hot air in any event

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

so you advise me just to get on with my business and day to day activity and wait charges from which ever body

Alex Watts :

Yes, sadly there is nothing you can do apart from wait

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

If someone does arrive with there version and knocks on my door,can they arrest me and who do i speak to in the uk .I live in newbury

Alex Watts :

The Police can invite you interview under caution (not arrested) or they can arrest you. Either way you can have a Solicitor present and to take advice from

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

Do you have someone in newbury uk you could recommend,or could you deal with it i needed to

Alex Watts :

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Alex Watts :

They list:

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

thank you

Alex Watts :

Thomas Eggar LLP 01635 571000

Alex Watts :

Coomber Rich 01256 812202

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

Alex Watts :

Shoosmiths LLP - 03700 866200

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else ?

JACUSTOMER-fly4fg4j- :

No thank you time

Alex Watts :

Great. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/