12826847

I am trying to trace a person who claimed to be a police officer

I am trying to trace a person who claimed to be a police officer how can I find which force he is with
.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

after a minor traffic collision this person claimed tp be a police officer flashed a wallit type badge which I could not read then theatend me with arrest his manner was very intimidating

Is there any reason you think he isn't a police officer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not in uniform and his manner

You can always report it to the police. There is an offence in impersonating an officer.
Obviously that does depend upon him not being an officer. The fact that he was not in uniform does not mean he isn't an officer. It just means that he was off duty or possibly in plain clothes and on duty.
The fact of his manner means nothing at all. Some officers are pleasant and others are the most obnoxious you could meet. Generally speaking, they do get far too used to giving instructions to people. Their powers can go to their head bearing in mind that they are not generally the most talented of their generation.
If you want to trace him yourself then there isn't any other way of doing it than contacting the individual constabularies. I suppose you could complain to the IPCC but you will need to find out the identity of the officer to complain about him.
Can I clarify anything ?