12826847

. I need a solicitor to help me verify a will that has

Customer Question

. I need a solicitor to help me verify a will that has not gone to probate but needs to be accepted in the USA as legal- may need verification by the US Consulate in London and secondly to give power of Attorney to an American citizen to appear before an American Judge in the USA on behalf of Executors who are British citizens living in the UK. In short, I need a solicitor who has American/International legal experience. How much would that cost me , please? Thank you.

Thank you question.

Could you explain a little more about the background to your request please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am trying to obtain money deposited in my late husband's name in a bank in the USA. The account was an online account. My husband died 23 months ago. He left a will which did not go to probate at the time because all our assets were jointly ownned. Now the American system require that the will be verified- perhaps by their consulate and that the Executors give power of attorney to a relative of mine who will represent us before the judge. The relative is an American citizen. What will it cost me to have a solicitor do this ? Can you recommend a solicitor who is versed in American/International legal matters? Thanks

Would it mot be more effective to obtain Probate of the Will?