29905560

.im an employee and i got a letter Investigtion Meeting

Hi.im an employee and i got a letter for an Investigtion Meeting at my work.what if the incident happend for weeks ago and they only 'told me off' without any warning or helping in my situation
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Firstly can you tell me how long you have been with your employer please.

Customer:

Almost 4 yrs

Ben Jones :

Ok thank you leave it with me I need to look up a few things and then get my advice ready.I will post back on here when done there is no need to wait and you will receive an email when I have responded.

Customer:

Customer:

Im wainting for your answer

Customer:

I haven't get any emails or answers yet.

Ben Jones :

Apologies for the slight delay, I experienced some temporary connection issues earlier on. All seems to be resolved now so I can continue with my advice.

Being placed under investigation is not an automatic assumption of guilt and does not amount to disciplinary action. It is the initial step whilst an employer investigates any allegations against the employee.

Before any formal action is taken, the employer is expected to conduct a reasonable investigation into the allegations against the employee. If the investigation gathers enough evidence to justify the taking disciplinary action that could be the next step. In that case the employee has the right to be informed in advance of the allegations against them and be given the opportunity to prepare for the hearing.

On the other hand, if the investigation does not find enough evidence to justify a disciplinary, the employer should allow the employee to return to work as normal and no further action would be taken.

Even if the alleged incident happened 4 weeks ago, it does not mean that the employer cannot take action against it now and start investigating it. Sometimes it could be weeks, even months, after the incident that the employer starts to take action but that would usually be because new evidence has appeared which prompts the employer to investigate this.

So for now you are expected to cooperate with the employer’s investigation. If they decide there is enough evidence to take this to a formal disciplinary they may do so. You would then be given full details of the evidence against you and be able to formally defend the allegations against you. If the employer takes a formal decision against you then you also have the legal right to appeal that.

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Customer:

All right.thank you so much!it helped a lot.i can get ready for the meeting and think all about i'll say to them.Thank you again.

Ben Jones :

you are welcome, all the best with this