12826847

I HAVE RECEIVED A LETTER FROM DVLA MEDICAL ASSESSMENT.I

Customer Question

I HAVE RECEIVED A LETTER FROM DVLA MEDICAL ASSESSMENT.I HAVE FILLED IN THE ASSESSMENT ..WHAT ELSE SHALL I DO.
JAMES E BROWN
.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Is there any reason you think you need to do anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I WAS INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT WHICH WAS MY FAULT. IT WAS A LAPSE OF CONCETATION

Ok.
So why do you think you need to do anything else?
You have responded to their satisfaction?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I WAS WONDERING HOW LONG THIS PROCESS WILLTAKE AND WHAT CHANCES OF ME RETAINING MY LICENCE

I am afraid the DVLA can be very slow. I have never known an assessment take less than several months.
They will probably refer you to an independent GP of the matter. That is usually fairly quick. If they conclude in your favour then the matter generally will come to an end. If not though, the DVLA's admin trail will seem to take forever.
In terms of your chances of retaining your licence, it depends on the facts of the case. If there is no health impairment then it should conclude in your favour. If they find that there is then I'm afraid it is to satisfy them and, in default, a court that you are not a risk to the public if you are allowed to drive.
You do have the right of appeal from the DVLA's decision and many people do succeed at that stage.
If it was just a moment's lapse in concentration though then that is nothing to do with health and the decision should be in your favour. We can all make those mistakes.
Can I clarify anything ?