13262538

I am getting married soon to a national of Ukraine. Ukraine

I am getting married soon to a national of Ukraine.
Ukraine have said that they can not make new biometric passports in sufficient numbers and that it could take 6 - 12 months to get a new passport.
My fiancee is concerned about changing her maiden name to our married name and the implications on travelling on a passport that would not be her true official name.
If a woman changes her surname because of getting married is there a period of time she can travel on existing passport? how would people normally go on a honeymoon the day after getting married once changing their surname the day before they leave? do they need to get new passport to travel on their honeymoon?
it has been suggested that if it were against the law to travel after a married name change on a maiden passport were a crime that it would be a most serious of international crime.
can you offer any assurance, advice or a determination on if this is a fact?
What would the usual schedule be in getting married, changing to married name and getting a corrected passport?

Thank you question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
In fact your fiancee is entitled to retain her maiden name and her passport if she so wishes - all she needs to do is remember to book the airline tickets in the same name as the one on her passport.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

, Please clarify,

You say she is entitled to keep her maiden name and passport - however she wishes to change her name.

Is there anywhere you could check that Ukraine are obliged to follow international law on this?

Is this international law? or can different countries have their own rules?

She is entitled to change her name as and when she chooses - and to use her old passport until she is able to get her new one
Her internal ID card however needs to be updated promptly - and she needs to carry her Marriage Certificate