75100385

i am 90 years old and live alone in a private flat which is

i am 90 years old and live alone in a private flat which is one of many.Adjacent to my flat is the parking area community. my bedroom is directly looking out to that. at least 3 times a week, i am woken up by a car parked there, another tenant/owner leaving . the driver slams doors, revs up the engine and leaves, that at 5:30 am. waking me up and i cannot go back to sleep.My aim is to survive without too much support from others, but with the lack of sleep i find it extremely difficult to manage....i am at the end of my tethers I NEED your advice! claire keen.XXXXXXXXXXX- *****@******.***. THANKS!

Alex Watts :

Claire my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

please let me know whether the other person rents their flat or owns it?

JACUSTOMER-n7a4z0iw- :

i dont know! I am not even sure it is a tenant/owner

JACUSTOMER-n7a4z0iw- :

what is going on? how can i read you?

Alex Watts :

Ok, do you know who is causing the noise?

JACUSTOMER-n7a4z0iw- :

who...not because it is still dark and i just see the car going...i am 90 years old remember!

Alex Watts :

Yes I know that.

Alex Watts :

Have you reported this to the Police or Council?

JACUSTOMER-n7a4z0iw- :

what is the legal view on that?

Alex Watts :

The Police can investigate this if it is considered to be anti social behaviour.

Alex Watts :

Whilst you probably can't stop the person driving to that area, they are required to be considerate.

Alex Watts :

As Council they have a duty to investigate any complaints of noise.

Alex Watts :

They can install noise monitoring equipment to see how loud it is

JACUSTOMER-n7a4z0iw- :

i don't know if it is a police matter because the car is there legally i suspect.

Alex Watts :

Once they know that, if it is above permitted levels then they can take action

Alex Watts :

Clearly they will need to identify who is doing it

Alex Watts :

But the Police and Council could take action

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Alex Watts :

Yes but even if the car is there legally they can't be anti social, especially that early

JACUSTOMER-n7a4z0iw- :

Alex...i am limited in what i can do...i shall approach the police and find out what is possible.

Alex Watts :

Yes speak to the Police and Environmental Health at the Council

Alex Watts :

They can both take action

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

JACUSTOMER-n7a4z0iw- :

not really because of my disability i find all this terrifying.but i read you clearly....you can't do more than advising me to the police..helas!!!!

Alex Watts :

You can:

Alex Watts :

1) Complain to the Police. The Police can investigate the matter and warn the person causing the anti social behaviour

Alex Watts :

2) Complain to the Council. They can install noise monitoring equipment to see how loud it is. If it exceeds the legal limit then they can prosecute.

Alex Watts :

This is a question and answer site so I can't take action . I am only able to tell you what to do

JACUSTOMER-n7a4z0iw- :

i find contacting the police rather over the top...but will do! i feel i have not been totally satisfied with legal matters....just i have to do this all over with the police...but thanks me there

Alex Watts :

Happy to help, the Police may just find out who it is and ask them to be more considerate.

Alex Watts :

If the person in the car does not know its causing a problem, they will probably not prosecute, just have a friendly word

Alex Watts :

The person in the car may not even know and be upset they are causing you diffculty.

Alex Watts :

But the Police can assist you in this matter

JACUSTOMER-n7a4z0iw- :

i am tooo tired to cope that is the result of all this...and i find it so difficult....but you cant help there! thanks...

Alex Watts :

I can tell you what to do but I can't do it sadly.

Alex Watts :

Can I help you with anything else today?

JACUSTOMER-n7a4z0iw- :

no!

Alex Watts :

Can I ask you to rate my service before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Alex Watts :

When rating please consider site limitations and that sadly I can not act , even though I want to

JACUSTOMER-n7a4z0iw- :

i know you do and £38 is expensive but that is not your fault you did what you could and i appreciate this...you were a pleasant shoulder to cry on even at that price!

Alex Watts :

Thank you, ***** ***** that I have given you some comfort.

Alex Watts :

But all you need to do is speak with the Police and Council

Alex Watts :

That should resolve your problem

JACUSTOMER-n7a4z0iw- :

i will! take care

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have just seen on my bank statement that i have paid £38 above information provided by you....does that pay or am i able to have further help/information about a problem you have not really solved: i spoke to the police AND the council and NOTHING can be done! i feel that i have spent that money with very little result.So i now wish to know if that money only covered ONE problem...i would have been better to go and have a consultation FREE with a local solicitor as it took less than 1/2 an hour to tell me you could do nothing ! or can i now expect more time with you? claire.