12826847

FAO Ms. Jo C Dear Jo, Although I have left the UK but

FAO Ms. Jo C
Dear Jo,
Although I have left the UK but my mailing address banks & DVLA is still my UK address.
What are my legal oblegations regarding that?
Am I legally obliged to notify them?
Many Thanks.
.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was a tenant in the UK.

until I became a victim of assault in my residential address by people related to the owner of the house.

they got their property back without even giving me notice.

I started suffering from PTSD and later on anxiety attacks.

I have left the UK and even if I want to go back I will not be going to the same address (Although as far as I am concerned my tenancy contract is still valid and they evicted me unlawfully)

I have redirected the mail to abroad where they can pass on the mails to me.

But i want to know if I am legaly obliged to change my address with the Banks and DVLA?

You do have an obligation to inform the DVLA of your address and of the address at which the car is kept I'm afraid.
In terms of banks, that depends upon your contract with them. They are not empowered by law in the same way as they are not an emanation of the state.
However, I am afraid that realistically they are likely to demand your address I'm afraid.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Jo,

I don't have a car. it is only my driving licence that is registered on my UK address.

now i am not in the UK so which address should I give them?

If you are not in the Uk then you will have to tell them that. That may affect your licence Im afraid.