29905560

Is it correct that an employee on maternity leave months

Is it correct that an employee on maternity leave for six months will accrue holiday entitlement during that period?
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Are you the employer in this case?
Customer: Yes
Ben Jones :

yes it is indeed correct that employees continue to accrue holidays whilst they are on maternity leave. Therefore, the employee would still have their statutory entitlement to holidays whilst they are on ML (currently 5.6 weeks for a full time worker) and will also get any other contractual holiday allowance they may be entitled to on top of that. As she is away on ML she is not able to take the holidays during that time so she can either be allowed to take these holidays before she starts ML or after she returns. But the answer is that she would continue to accrue her holidays as normal during the full period she is off on ML

Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks

Customer: Fine, thanks Ben.