13262538

I am a 60 year old lady. My husband of 25 years left

I am a 60 year old lady. My husband of 25 years left for Mauritius before Xmas after saying he was leaving (again). We have some shared property and he this evening threatened to burn my home down and set light to our motor home. He has a serious drinking problem and has telephoned me several times this evening abusing and threatening my safety and that of the people I am staying with in Wales. He is at our home in Clevepark, Somerset and has been back less than 24 hours. I am frightened that he will try and take monies that are mine from relatives in addition to the incomes and assets we have from 25 years of hard work, mostly done by me. He was supposed to put £10000 in my bank account before going away but told me that there had been an error at the bank ..he now tells me that I cannot have anything and he is going to make me poor. I am very frightened and don't know what to do!
How much are all the assets worth?
What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Claire

Property ...£265,000.00

Vehicles....£30,000.00

Savings.....£100,00.00 approx

He has government pension of £1000,00 per month approx

He has private pension of £350.00 per month approx

My income is zero...

Deborah Pain

PS.. He plans to leave for Australia 31 Jan returning 5 March

Are all the assets in joint names?
What income do you have?
Has he ever been physically violent to you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Property.. Yes

£28,500 motorhome .... Him!

£500.00 van... me!

I have no income!

Not physically but emotionally and financially!

HI
What about the savings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Back with figures shortly!

that is fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He has removed the books..I can't find it...now I am very worried...also many threatening messages in the last 48 hours have kept them all! Also physical threats recorded towards my friend who I have been staying with. Am going back to Somerset today I have no choice!

Deep breaths it is going to be ok so long as you are sensible.
If he threatens to kill you - report that to the Police.
Ask to speak to the Domestic Violence Unit and tell them what has been happening and about your fears
If he does actually assault you then call the police and allow them to take the necessary action to protect you.
In the longer term if the marriage is over the starting point for division of the assets is 50/50 - and you will also be entitled to spouse maintenance of you have no income capacity of your own
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details