12826847

I am the chairman and one of 4 trustees of a charity,

Customer Question

I am the chairman and one of 4 trustees of a charity, following an accusation of threatening behaviour our treasurer resigned, when he was asked to hand over the accounts plus other documents that he was holding he refused. After several attempts to get the accounts back he tried to withdraw his resignation, we held an emergency meeting of the management committee and a vote of no confidence was held, the vote was over 2/3 majority of no confidence. he was informed of this decision and given a deadline to return all items belonging to the charity. His written reply worried us, and I quote: I am willing however, upon the production of a certificate clearly stating that i am not liable in any way whatsoever for any loss, discrepancy, error, omission from or malpractice of the account to release whatever belongs to the Wells Cole to the custody of a nominated person. I was wondering what is our next step, until this point it never occurred to us that anything may be wrong with the accounts. Thank you in anticipation Paul

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can you cancel the question and give me a refund please, I appreciate that it is an awkward question.

thank you for trying