12826847

, I have a small leasehold shop/office premises which sits

Customer Question

, I have a small leasehold shop/office premises which sits on the ground floor and has a domestic flat adjoining behind it and a maisonette above. The new freeholder also lives and owns the flatthat sits behind my premises (my premises have in fact been empty and up last 4 years with a big notice on the front window with my telephone number. I had always received invoices from the previous leaseholder and always paid them on time last 10 years (the ground rent is only £17.50 per 6 months but after not hearing anything period of time I received a solicitors letter from the new leasehold  stating that I owed £52,50 in ground rent and would I pay by return they also stated that the new freeholder had said that he had tried to send me invoices but I had ignored them (which was untrue) . I immediately sent back the payment requested and said that I had not received any prior invoices request after approx 4 weeks the solicitors sent me a bill for £890 stating that this was and information that they had given to the new freeholder in respect of dealing with the matter. I replied that I would not pay this under any circumstances and have heard nothing from them 9 months . However they have now written to me and said that if I do not pay this solicitors fee owing and this further fee that they are now owing make a figure of £1600 they will under the 1925 law of property act section 146 serve a notice of the lease as there are covenants on the lease which I have breached by not making this payment. my question is -- are they legally correct that they can do this ? What can I do to combat it as they are awaiting my urgent reply. Susan xxx

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
,
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question .
,
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish to continue to search to assist you or would you like to close your question at this time?
Thank you patience,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As previously stated I would like an answer to the question I've paid for. Please give me an answer ASAP.

Susan Palmer

,
We will continue to look Professional to assist you.
Thank you patience,
,
Please understand it is rare not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still awaiting answer please reply ASAP

,
Thank you patience,