Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

If you have sold goods to a company with retention of title

If you have sold goods to a company with retention of title and they go into Administration, can the Administrator sell the assets on disregarding any ROT claims and say we have to contact the purchaser to resolve it ?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. The Administrator should not sell ROT assets and can be sued personally. However any such cause of action is likely to fail if the ROT goods were mixed with other goods, incorporated into other goods or became unidentifiable.

Alex J. :

I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards AJ

Customer: Hi Alex
Customer: Hi Alex. Thank you for your reply. I think that, as usual, the Administrator will get away with it. He is now claiming that we must take it up with the purchaser, are they in any way liable if they use the product that I claim ROT on ?
Alex J. : Hi. Thank you. Do you mean the purchaser from the company that went into administration?
Customer: The purchaser has employed the 2 main people from the company causing the company to go into Administration !
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you. Unfortunately once the goods are sold there is not much you. If the goods were sold by the administrator and the administrator knew they were ROT goods then you will have a claim against the administrator.