12826847

Does a tenant, who has spent money improving her home and garden,

Does a tenant, who has spent money improving her home and garden, have a vested interest in the property should the property be sold to another landlord.
Present landlord gave permission for improvements to be carried out
Was it agreed that you would have any interest in the property if you did these works?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do I need to register this interest and if so who with

No.
None will exist I'm afraid unless it was agreed in advance.
Sadly, unless the contrary is agreed, if tenants do work upon properties they are renting then that does not acquire any interest. It is entirely at their own loss. Some tenants find it worthwhile since ultimately they are living there.
Landlords can agree to give a percentage of the property in exchange for work. If they do then there is an argument that such an interest would arise.
If the landlord did not make such an agreement though but it is just that the tenant has suffered loss and then been evicted I'm afraid that no claim arises from that.
Sorry if that is bad news.