31090051

My husband passed on in 2008. He had huge debt I didn't know

Customer Question

My husband passed on in 2008. He had huge debt I didn't know about. However he had 40 thousand in his bank when he died and all the companies got so much each as there wasn't enough to pay them all off. I know for Definately he had a ppi with egg. He was a policeman so didn't need it as had good sickness benefit with them. My lawyer dealt with it at the time. I have contacted them and they have his file. I'm waiting on a call back. Do you think I have much chance of claiming back.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Yes, an executor is entitled to carry on a PPI claim and if it wasn't needed then you have good prospects of success.
Let me know if you have any further specific queries about this and I'll be happy to help.
Otherwise please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.