Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I was married in Sept 2013, prior to my wedding I was talking

I was married in Sept 2013, prior to my wedding I was talking to a friend who had moved away about the planning and mentioned my photographer and price I was paying we discussed what I got for this, she said for less she could do more so I spoke to my husband and agreed we would change photographers to her. We paid £250 in exchange for wedding photography, images on discs an album,and a blown up framed photo. I had to hassle her for months just to get the discs after the wedding and when they did arrive they were battered cases, I have been trying ever since then to get my wedding album and gave up on the photo frame long ago. I checked the average turn around for wedding photos and was a month tops. I don't have an official contract with her but have screen shots and also still have the conversation it was all agreed in over facebook email. I have tried calling,on several numbers, texting, contacting her on social media but have just been left high and dry? Do I have a case?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
If she is a professional photographer by trade she has an obligation under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 S.13 to provide the service with reasonable care and skill. If she does not do this, she is liable to as a contractual claim. https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome - You can commence a money claim online here for your losses as a result of her failure to provide the service.
Do any of your screen shots or texts details what she was going to give you for your £250?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

she isn't a professional photographer in that she has another job, she had a facebook page and was trying to set it up as a second job. We agreed for £250 I would get all images on disc a enlarged framed photo and an album which is cheap but it was agreed at that price as it would help her build her portfolio.i have screenshots of all that

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
If it is a second job she holds herself out to be a photographer. You do there have a claim:
1. Breach of Contract;
2. Failure to provide the service with care and skill.
I would write to her and give her 14 days to deliver up the prints and wedding. Say to her if she does not, you will arrange to do it yourself and charge her the cost of doing so (within reason).
If you then have to pay to do it yourself, this could be construed as a loss that you can then claim from her.
AJ