13262538

A friend of mine is buried in a local church yard. He died

A friend of mine is buried in a local church yard. He died 12 years ago and his widow shows little or no interest in erecting a gravestone. I am prepared to pay and his sister would also like to see one erected. Is there any thing we can do if the widow does not agree.

Thank you question.

Have you spoken to his Widow about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not spoken to her as I do not have a number. I have emailed and written to an address I have. She says she will do it, but as she has done nothing in the last 12 years some of us are not convinced she will do anything. As I say his sister is keen to be erected

I am afraid that without her agreement then so long as she is alive there is no way that the diocese will agree to this request since the grave is that of her husband.
If you are prepared to pay then it could be worth completing the form on her behalf and sending it to her with an envelope return
I am sorry to give bad news
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** I expected

I am sorry to have had to share bad news