75100385

I have lost an adjudication process with mydeposits.co.uk.

I have lost an adjudication process with mydeposits.co.uk. However I have new information & can prove the landlord lied in his submission. Can I take the matter to the small claims court?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Yes you can

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdfand take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer:

Dear Alex,

Alex Watts :

Yes?

Customer:

Thank you for your prompt answer- yes- I do have a follow on question. The LL also did not register the deposit within the required no of days, and did not send the certificate. Can I include this in the letter along with the evidence I have over the deposit itself. A further follow on is that the parties (the tenancy is now over) are myself and 3 others. Must the letter therefore come from all of us and can we ask that the claim is split between us in whatever proportion agreed?

Alex Watts :

Yes you can include this as evidence.

Alex Watts :

Whoever paid the deposit can claim, if that was all 3 of you then the claim form is 3 of you as joint Claimants

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Yes, thank you Alex, so I can include several aspects of the landlord's failure in the same letter and if necessary the court will consider all in one case (or N1 form). I don't think I have any other queries for now and will rate your answer.

Customer:

Customer:

Bridget- sorry- I keep pressing enter when I want to go down a line!