UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

,I am from Brazil and I have an issue with a UK

, I am from Brazil and I have an issue with a UK company and I don't know how to deal with it. I have purchased a Bitcoin cloud mining contract from a UK, but since January 7th their website is offline. They provided me with a contract, which contains address and company number and from my research online, the company is still active. I want to take legal action to get my money back, but I don't know how should I do it. Thank you, Vinicius

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
,
You may have been the victim of a scam and you may lose more good money trying to sue this company in the UK courts.
If you decide to sue them, you may instruct a UK solicitor to act .
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do believe I was victim of a scam.

But since they provided a contract with an active company number, don't you think there would be some chance of a successful legal action?

It is very easy to have a UK company which is active.
You may take legal action if you really want to but my gut feeling is you may get nowhere with this. If you paid a huge sum of money, then you could hire someone in the UK to see if the company has any assets and what it's credit record is to see if it is worthwhile suing it.
All the best