12826847

I am a patient at a N H S practice. I had to have a new crown

I am a patient at a N H S practice.
I had to have a new crown which was ok then in the same tooth the dentist had to take off the crown to do root canal work.
It is now six months later and I am still having problems with the tooth.there is infection under the tooth which has never settled down.
The dentist after inspection is now recommending a specialist at a cost of £750.00 after I have paid a considerable amount to him for the tooth.
Is this reasonable they said sometimes root work is sucesfull
The short answer is that it depends really.
The issue is not whether or not it worked. All medical treatment can fail. If you read the small print in these contracts they never guarantee anything. It is not possible to do so. Any person can react well or badly.
The issue is whether or not they have acted negligently. Of course, they may have done. It would not be the first time. It isn't proven though just because you have had results that are displeasing.
The truth is that unless you see a specialist we will not know whether or not the initial treatment was negligent or reasonable in all the circumstances but not successful.
If he was negligent then you do have a claim. If he was not then you do not.
Sorry if that is bad news.