12826847

In Nov 2009 my mother made false allegations against me for

Customer Question

In Nov 2009 my mother made false allegations against me for being threatening on occasion, in solicitors letter it also states I contact her by phone, in person, via third party she would contact police and I could face prosecution also it states that I am not to have no contact with my brother or his wife either. My brother at this point was the main beneficiary to my mother's estate, with a lump sum for my son and uncle. I was excluded. Then in December 2009 received another letter from my mother's solicitors to say that she had changed her will her estate would now be divided equally between myself , my brother and my uncle, but I was still to have not contact with my mother and my brother. I have been estranged from my mother for several years until recently when I have found out that she has got mixed dementia moderate/severe stage and liver damage due to lifestyle of heavy drinking which got worse after my father passed in 2008. My brother and I have never really got on - despite this I have tried to contact him to try and resolve issues and now focus on my mother my- brother does not want to co-operate. My mother is now in a nursing home and has said that she wants to put things right between us. she wants to see my family her grandson in particular. Can my mother make these types of decisions? How can she get the false allegations removed Can I have a copy of my mother's will as a beneficiary as I have never received a copy ? the others my brother and uncle have copies of my mother's will. Is it possible at the time of making false allegations against me in 2009 that my mother was ill ? I am not sure of my mother's life expectancy and need to try and help to put things right for her. This is heartbreaking and very distressing.

Is anyone actively preventing you from visiting your mother?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

No - I will take out any emotion and answer by giving the facts, the issues are :-

I have managed to get hold of my mother's solicitors and have received a email which states that they cannot legally send copies and discuss the contents of my mothers will- without her authority. They need a letter from her. Also the same would go for getting the false allegations removed.

As my brother will not support any actions of this nature- how can I help my mother? as stated earlier she does have dementia.

I do not understand why my brother and uncle have got copies of my mother's will and not me?