75100385

I received a ticket from DRP 30/10/2014 @ Merry Hill Breiliey

I received a ticket from DRP 30/10/2014 @ Merry Hill Breiliey Hill I parked in an area that the paint was almost missing completely and it was dark (on inspection the next time I went there), was advised by the internet not to pay as some kind of hoax? the letters now keep coming and from the initial £30 asked they are now £130-00 and notice of intended court action. Went on a site who still are saying 'not to pay' however seems a bit frightening of possible Court action?
Do I pay or ignore?
What do I do, I also was told if I wrote to the company admitting I was the driver then this DRP can take me to court as I am admitting being the driver of the vehicle
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Did you ever get the ticket? Did you ever get any further action apart from this letter?

Customer:

yes, got initial ticket on car, then asked question on the internet and the response was hoax.

Customer:

several letters after i am here

Alex Watts :

Ok, I would not worry. Do not pay up. This is nothing more than a civil dispute. If it ever went to Court it would be a small claim at most.

Alex Watts :

They would need to show that there was a contract between you both, you agreed to their terms and also that they suffered a loss.

Customer:

ok thank you very helpful - i was getting quite worried.

Alex Watts :

Merry Hill as you know do not charge for parking and as such they would suffer no loss, £5 at the very most

Alex Watts :

So you should simply ignore anything that you get, dont even bother to respond.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

ok I will do just that thank you - have a nice evening, bye