75100385

Have purchased a motorbike trader in his add it said

Customer Question

Have purchased a motorbike trader in his add it said that the bike wos a cat d on the insurance list and had light front damage with a broken front mudguard bent fork leg and a gear lever a nice easy repair in his own words .wen getting the bike home and removing the damaged it came to light that the frame of the bike is split in two places and should no be put back on the road as it clearly unsafe to do so .iv spoken to the trader and he said he we give me my money back and pick it up this wos on Monday this week and now he's not answer his phone to me how do I stand with this as the bike is clearly not what he advertised and should only been sold as parts
Alex Watts :

my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdfand take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation .

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/