75100385

Have received the defence from other party. In it they intend

Have received the defence from other party. In it they intend to call the current tenant to testify to the lack of problems at the property. To my mind that is not relevant to our time in the property. Also this witness employed my partner at the time and knew all the problems we were having. He paid him cash in hand and off the books. Also it was four months after we left that he took occupation having insisted on a bedroom being divided to make two and I would assume all the faults corrected. Can I call him as a witness claim his being informed of all the problems we were having at the time?
Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : please confirm the witness is being called and you want to use him as well?
Customer:

According to the defence submitted they will call the current tenant. I do not know how much I will be allowed to ask him so I thought since he had so much information prior to his taking over the property, it would throw a spanner in the defendants works if I called him also.

Alex Watts :

What you can do is issue a witness summons against him.

Alex Watts :

He then has to attend.

Alex Watts :

When the tenant attends then you are free to ask any question you wish

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Customer:

Thank you Alex. Im sure as I go through this over the weekend I will have more to ask. Many thanks. Jill

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have received a revised defence from the Agents to revised particulars of claim. I have not received a revised defence from the Landlord. The newly done N180 by us all shows no witnesses for the Agents and 3 for the Landlord. Can he utilise the defence submitted by the Agents as his own? It clearly states on that defence that it is for the Agents not both defendants.