75100385

- my daughter is interested in private accommodation for

- my daughter is interested in private accommodation final year at Uni. Where she wants to live is best described as a 'privately owned halls of residence'. the private company have been known to enter rooms, confiscate items (especially electrical totally safe heaters - even if they are fully PAT tested including electric blankets etc) It is an expensive option but as parents I am attracted by the security aspect of the accommodation. Where do we stand on heating (which I am informed is poor in winter as the company try to save money). Thanks

Alex Watts :

my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

please let me know whether it is a term of the tenancy that all items have to be PAT tested?

Customer:

Customer:

There is no tenancy I have found out - instead its a licence agreement. I have asked copy but I understand its down to what the management want people to have in their rooms as the list can be changed to suite the management. Heating and hot water is also under the control of the management. they turn it on and off when they want to save electricity.

Alex Watts :

Is there anything in the licence agreement that states it must be PAT tested?

Customer:

I have requested agreement probably get it tomorrow. Will forward asap.

Alex Watts :

Ok.

Customer:

Alex - I have received a link with the licence agreement. Please let me know what you think.

Customer:

Zahid

Alex Watts :

Ok, what is the link?

Alex Watts :

The agreement doesnt mention it specifically. But it does make reference to signing saying you agree to the Regulations.

Alex Watts :

You need to see what the Regulations say

Alex Watts :

If it says PAT tested then sadly you have agreed to it

Alex Watts :

If it does not mention PAT tested then you dont have to do it and there is nothing they can do

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Customer: