Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Purchasing A Property: I have made an offer on a property,

Purchasing A Property:
I have made an offer on a property, on the basis of all being in good order. Having received the homebuyers report, including a valuation report. There is significantly more work need than anticipated. I have gone back to the Estate Agent and asked for a reduction in price.
The Estate Agent has asked that I provide to them:
The homebuyers report that I undertook and paid for, that identified a defective roof that needs to be replaced
Copies of the roofing estimates that I have to replace the roof
I have both documents, but as we are negotiating price, I do not feel this is something I should share with them.
I am still interested in the property, so do not want to jeopardise the sale, so want to respond sensibly, without prejudicing my position.
How do you advise I respond?
Ishbel
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
I appreciate the Homebuyers report is yours and only yours, but it would be normal and usual for a Buyer to provide the Agents with a copy, together with any estimates for any necessary works, so the Agents can advise the Seller, and recommend that a price reduction be made. Agents will argue that they can't possibly advise a Seller without proof from the buyer that there are indeed issues with the property.
You could see if the Agents will accept only the roofing quotes- they should. If they do not, you are going to find it a lot easier and quicker to hopefully resolve matters by disclosing the Homebuyers report also.
I hope this assists, but please let me know if you have any queries.
Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is an error - I wanted to rate excellent service.

How do I change / edit ? I have tried to go back but I see no option to change the rating

Apologies

Thanks- you should be able to rate my service now.

Kind Regards

AL