12826847

I have a driving licence which expires in 2046 but I forgot

I have a driving licence which expires in 2046 but I forgot to renew my photograph last month as requested by the DVLA. Although this question is being asked on-line , my father is asking the question for me as I do not have access to the internet today. I have a current motor insurance policy. My question is am I INSURED to drive my car pending the updating of the photo on my licence.
Have they revoked your licence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NO. I have simply not updated my photo which I overlooked to do last month.

Well, they do revoke for that reason sometimes but not usually in one month.
If they have revoked then you are driving without a licence and so that would invalidate your insurance.
If it is just that you have not renewed but the DVLA have not acted against you then that is an issue with the DVLA and not your insurance company. There may be a sweep up clause in your insurance contact covering that though so you need to check the small print but it would not automatically invalidate your insurance.
If this is only a delay of one month then the DVLA will probably not have noticed though yet and so you can just backdate the renewal perfectly lawfully and without impact upon your insurance.