31090051

I just tried an online will service supposed to be quick and

I just tried an online will service supposed to be quick and simple ! yet ended up 5 pages long. All I wanted was straightforward , I have no assets or property etc, just a few thousand in the bank. no family. just wanted to name a sole person as executor and beneficiary. does it have to be so complicated ?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The short answer is that it doesn't have to be so complicated. The problem with online wills services is that they try to be all things to all men, one size fits all, which of course it doesn't in real life.
An average will appoints executors, deals with the estate and perhaps has a few trust provisions in the case of any under age beneficiaries. This is generally done by any competent solicitor in a two or three pages at a cost of about £200.
I hope this helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.