75100385

I am delivering an event later this year tickets

I am delivering an event later this year for which tickets will be sold online. What legislation is in place regarding policy on refunds that I should be aware of?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Is there anything in particular that concerns you?

Customer:

Hi Alex

Customer:

I'm setting up a new start up business and am unfamiliar with the legislation and policies in place around selling online

Customer:

My event is aimed at students and is taking place in sept and I aim to open for entries from March 2nd

Customer:

Students will be able to sign up by registering online and making payment by credit/debit card

Customer:

the cost is £240 per person

Customer:

I want to know what refund policies I must adhere to

Customer:

ie 7 day cooling off period etc

Alex Watts :

If you are selling at a distance ie online or over the phone then there are certain rights under the Consumer Contract Regulations

Alex Watts :

Schedule 2 of the Regulations lists the information you must provide to the consumer. Information on the main characteristics of the tickets and their total price (including delivery costs and other charges) must be given to the consumer in a clear and comprehensible way before the consumer purchases the ticket. Main characteristics include (if known to you) the date and time of the event and the content of the event (eg who is performing). For a ticket associated with a particular reserved seat (eg Seat 1, Row A) the seat number is ***** main characteristic that you should give the consumer. Depending on the circumstances, the face value of a ticket you are reselling may also be a main characteristic you should give. Where the ticket is for a specific date cancellation rights will not apply.

Alex Watts :

Therefore once the ticket is purchased for a specific event you dont have to refund

Alex Watts :

It is only where the event is postponed or cancelled would you have to refund

Alex Watts :

Customer:

I see, our event takes place over 3 days and 2 nights and involves a variety of different activities but by the sounds of it we are not legally required to give a refund of any kind once they have made payment?

Customer:

we dont even need to honour a '7 day cooling off period'?

Alex Watts :

Correct.

Alex Watts :

Actually the 7 day cooling off period was changed to 14 days. But you are right

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Ok thanks Alex

Alex Watts :

Great. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today,the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply