12826847

My friend !!! Parked her car with my disabled badge she had

Customer Question

My friend !!! Parked her car with my disabled badge she had taken me to the solicitors and we parked in a bay and unfortunately we didn't realise that one could not park in a bay marked only ,it had no lines at all ,and it just said
But I can hardly walk and I really didn't realise that it was not allowed ,she left the car there whilst another friend and I went to the solicitors , what can I do about this please
I know she will expect me. To pay but I. Wondered if I could write to them but what reason would I give and do you think I will have to pay , I left her in the car with my badge and she was not init when the officer put the parking ticket on it ,but she was waiting I came out and I was in there hour , will you let me know how much I will have to pay help
.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What information do you need
I need to know how I can help with this?
What is your specific question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My question is how do you think that they will take notice of my apology and explanation of me very limited walking condition plus the fact that I was not aware that although it said motor bikes only I thought that having a disabled badge allowed me to,park there after all you are allowed to pdarK many places that normal people n cannot because you have this badge entitlementt
Obviously there are restrictions even on disabled badge owners but all I can think of doing is to write and app.eal , and is there anything I should add to,the appeal
If I am wholly honest, I am afraid it is not likely.
You can appeal to their discretionary grounds. You may be lucky. There is no real risk in doing so because all they will do is extend your discount period further 14 days if they reject your appeal.
However, realistically it would be irresponsible of me to tell you that it is likely that they will cancel this. Come what may, this is a motorcycle bay. It isn't misuse in the sense of fraud. You were using your blue badge reason. It is just a breach of parking regulations. However, they are cracking down now upon blue badge use. Blue badges do entitle you to park elsewhere than a normal driver would but not in motorcycle bays I'm afraid.
In terms of lines and signs, motorcycle bays never are demarked by lines. They have a sign and white lines around the boundaries. That is no defence I'm afraid.
I am sorry but I can only give you truthful information.
Can I clarify anything ?