13262538

i recently left my partner and have £3000 in a savings account

i recently left my partner and have £3000 in a savings account controlled by her. this would be a £1500 equal split. i have asked her repeatedly to transfer my share into my own account and she has not dont anything about it. this has gone on a week now and she is ignoring my text and email messages.
What can i do about this please i feel that this is just a malicious power trip now and i need the cash to furnish my own home.
regards
John.

Thank you question.

Just to check - are they truly joint savings or are you being generous?
Please confirm that you are not married?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They are truly joint savings. We each have paid £50 per month into the account. Not married, separate bank accounts. I left major households appliance in the house when I left, despite the fact she never paid anything towards and major item. I have been reasonable and polite. I do feel now that she has no intention of returning the money and this is my only option to recover it.

It has to be said that in legal terms a week is not a long time (although I appreciate that in personal terms it is)
You should write a formal letter asking return of the money in seven days, and say that if it is not returned then you will use the courts, via the money claim on line system to recover the funds https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details