12826847

I would like to ask before going ahead and buying these items

I would like to ask before going ahead and buying these items whether I can get get arrested an Ex Police Fleece jacket. The jacket is exactly the same as the police it has the blue and white chequered colour on there and doesn't have anything indicating police. Its plain, you can buy these from Ryders Army Store and many other stores including Sunday Markets.  I would like to buy this intention , cycling and walking my dog at nights. I just have a concern if I wear it in public people can mistaken me Constable hence why im asking before going ahead to buy it if its permissible to do so. There is no marking or indication on the jacket stating police.It just has the blue and white chequered stripes on the jacket. Its very similar to the ones that hospital security staff wear.
.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
You are perfectly free to do this.
There is an offence in impersonating a police officer but it wouldn't be made out here. This is just purchasing their excess stock. That happens all the time.
It would be different if you were wearing a whole uniform and it bore an ostensible number. This does not.
Hope this helps.
Can I clarify anything ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

.

Many thanks email. Also you have mentioned that it happens all the time. Can you just alloborate on that a bit more .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you still there?

Sorry, I was offline.
They are perfectly entitled to sell excess stock. The services do it all the time.