13262538

I am divorced my kids 11 and nearly 16 live with mum. I see

I am divorced my kids 11 and nearly 16 live with mum. I see the kids regular . I pay child maintenance regular. When married i observed my wife be violent to kids. My daughter 15 reports that thhis is happening and that the relationship is bad with mum. I have confronted her and said I wont put up with violence to her. I suggested they get mediation to hhelp rebuild their relationship. I said that if happens again i would call police and or social services
What are my rights...
It would be difficult to look after the kids 100 percent as I have a high powered jon and can be abroad weeks maybe 4 times a years

Thank you question.

What is the extent of the violence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

slaps hair pulling, pushing and shooving. like all 16 year old girls she is a handful but when I receive a text saying she cant stand it any more it worries.

i have suggested that they re build relationship with mediation but i think although my ex agreed to that on phone she told daughter that I was beig a cheek to suggest it

Is there no way that you could manage the full time care of the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It would be incredibly difficult. I do have to be away forwork a lot and I cannot afford a nanny.

I commute an hour each way. I leave at 730 am and back at 7pm. With the dance classes and lifts etc I would need serious help from someone. It really would be too much. I am not ready to retire. Only 52 and I love my job and need my reasonably large salary.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this would be very difficult. Working hours and abroad business trips

The problem is that if you are not wishing to take over there full time care there is a limit to the options available to you
You can indeed phone Social Services regarding the abuse - but given that you know that your daughter is indeed being abused then either you will need to take over or accept that the children will go into care
I am sorry I know that this is hard to accept - but that is the stark choice that is available to you
The only other possible option is to arrange counselling - all four of you - so that these issues can be discussed - with the threat of Social Services to convince your ex to agree
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is family counselling. Is that through social services or is there somewhere seperate to go.

If I did accept full time care...is there help (through social services) when I am away on business or is it all down to me.

Thank you...

It is something you will need to source although Social Services may well have a list of suitable Counsellors.
I am afraid you will be responsible arrangements care of the children while you are away