31090051

I fear I have been gullible, but have I any hope of getting

Customer Question

I fear I have been gullible, but have I any hope of getting any money, or of cancelling a signed agreement I entered into on Wednesday 21 January 2015? Sadly, I only have photocopies of that agreement, something I have realised only this morning.
The agreement was with a wine broker who signed a form promising that his firm would pay me a sum over £100,000 in exchange wine portfolio. That sum was more than I had paid .
The firm's wine account, like mine, is with Octavian, and the transfer took place yesterday. If the wine has not been transferred from the firm's account with Octavian to another account they have elsewhere is there any way I can ask them to freeze the firm's account?
Is there anything I can do? Or has 'the horse has already bolted'?
Brian Crosby
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question.
If you have concluded a contract then the answer is no, unless the contract has a cooling off period. Unfortunately, however, this is not the type of contract that would have a cooling off period so I doubt there is anything you can do about this without specific terms and conditions. If a contract can be cancelled then it isn't really a contract at all.
I fear you may have to put this down to experience.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited time.