31090051

Im an Executive Member Of a Small Organisation . Currently

Im an Executive Member Of a Small Organisation . Currently im being disciplined a dignity at work policy. My Question is their is no dignity at work policy in place so do i have any defence or can they just do as they wish. When I was appointed i recieved nothing ?????
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question.
You can't be found in breach of a policy that doesn't exist so yes you have a defence to the charge. They can't just do as they wish. They may be entitled to raise something under the general law, , equality or discrimination legislation in certain cases but they can't rely on some "policy" that is only invented after the fact.
An employer or other organisation would find itself in some difficulty trying to rely on something that didn't exist at the relevant time.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited time.